Thursday, November 3, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - Day 3

It may be November 3rd, but if you were out last night, near my car, you may have thought it was still Halloween if you happened to have pulled up next to me next to a stoplight!

What does this have to do with being thankful you may be asking yourself, quite understandably I might add.

Well, today I am thankful for 'driving alone at night'.

Yes, perhaps this is the most unconventional of unconventional 'thanks' thus far.

Why, you might be thinking, are you thankful for driving alone at night?

Ever since I was little I have loved being in the car when it's dark, it's relaxing and exhilarating all at once. Especially as an adult.

The past month, every car ride is accompanied by a perpetual performance of Veggietales stories. The same three. 'Lyle the Friendly Viking' 'Larry Boy and the Fib from outer space' and 'King George and the Rubber Ducky'.

I know the whole audio script perhaps. I do by no means begrudge it, I adore, most sincerely listening to my girls sing along to the songs and play out the parts of Junior asparagus or the giant fib. It's a true delight.

When I am alone, driving at night, I get to choose what music I play and I get to have it as loud as I want.

SO as you sat at a red light last night, feeling bass vibrating your poor car and ears, throw out your stereotype of the teenage boy in dad's car and instead picture this:

' A little mom of three in her empty mini van, playing air guitar and drums to the new Switchfoot album and having a blast'

Oh yes. It was fantastic my friends.

And today, I enjoyed a glorious morning driving around Fort Worth listening to veggietales with my darlings, and enjoying it just as much too.

PS. Here is a little sample so you can have a mini experience!






No comments:

Post a Comment