Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - Day 2

Today I am thankful for tea. Yes, you read right. Simple, unassuming, quite scrumptious hot, black, tea with milk. No sugar, thank you!

There is nothing that says ' I love you' in the morning like a perfectly brewed cup of tea brought spontaneously to you in bed.

Living in Texas, I ashamedly confess that in some area's of life and culture I have succumbed to the pressure of my peers. Can y'all say 'I need a refill of iced mango tea please?'

Yet, despite the chips and queso, cowboy boots, y'alls, fixin's and pick up trucks, I cannot escape the impact a cup of PG tips has on my soul as a result of entrenched cultural programing.

I find coffee a little overwhelming in the morning. Coffee is like the kid that runs into your bedroom at 5 in the morning, jumping and bouncing 'WAKE UP MOMMY NOW!!'. Tea, however, has the effect of gently arousing one from a cumbersome drowsiness with subtlety and perfect manners.

When I pull out the coffee in the morning, before the tea, it means I am seriously sleep deprived and you might as well insert an IV of caffeine.

Ok, ok... Let's be honest though, it would only be right to be thankful also, for my husband and his ability to make the perfect cuppa that suits my picky British palette!

No comments:

Post a Comment