Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What's on the coffee table?

Josh and I are undeniable, slightly obsessed with books. We both have a passion to just read everything we can on any subject that peaks our interest. We also, both have the habit of having multiple books on the go at once.

I am sharing my reading list, for a number of reasons - Firstly, because I like to share book's that I am reading, you may find my list helpful and secondly, you can be expecting me to ramble on about any of the below topics over the next few months.

You will probably notice, that several of my books are on the same topic. I like to read the leading books recommended on any one topic in order to round out my education and draw from each book the key points, rather than relying solely on one author's perspective.

Here's what I am reading or planning to read this summer... most I have read at least several chapters of.

Deceptively Delicious, Jessica Seinfield
The Sneaky Chef, Missy Chase Lapine
The Excellent Wife, Martha Peace
Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl.
The Nutrition Book, Sears Library
Feeding Your Child for Lifelong Health, Susan B. Roberts and Melvin Heyman
The No-cry sleep solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers - Elizabeth Pantley
Better Basics for the Home, Berthold-Bond
The Coconut Oil Miracle, Bruce Fiff
A Charlotte Mason Companion, Karen Andreola
For the Childrens Sake, Susan Schaeffer Macauley
A Mother's Heart, Jean Fleming
Teach Me to do it Myself (Montessori activity book)

Here's what I hope to find soon either at Half Price Books or on Amazon!

The Backyard Homestead, Carleen Madigan
The Vaccine Book, Dr Sears
The No-cry sleep solution for Babies, Elizabeth Pantley
Nourishing Traditions, Sally Fallon
Real Learning: Education in the Heart of the Home by Elizabeth Foss
Becoming a Titus 2 Woman; A Bible Study with Martha Peace

Finally, I would like to add - Please, if you have any constructive input on any of the books above, that you have read, I would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment