Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012...

2011, I cannot say I loved you. Yet, I know that when the dust settles, I will look back and be thankful for the hard times, that God allowed, to change me for the better. That the pain and anger of the past and the present was dealt with head on, so that I could find greater healing in the long run. Like Eustace the Dragon, you slowly tore off the scales. It was unpleasant and painful, but needed to happen, so that something more beautiful could emerge.

2011, Was the hardest year of my adult life where I suffered post-natal depression alone with little to no support system. The long days alone with my thoughts, prayers and battles.

2012. Though my hope is in Jesus Christ and His redeeming love, I do have a hope for you. That it will be a year that I learn to know the joy and peace of Jesus that transcends all understanding, in all circumstances.


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12: 1-3

Here are two songs that I best relate to 2011...





HERE are several songs that I dedicate to 2012




I am sure there will be more :-)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment